D&C 98:3 "...all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name's glory..."

Isaiah 41:13 "For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee."

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Our First Visit to Huntsman





























On Monday, October 17, we went to the Huntsman Cancer Institute for the first time. (Well, it was my first time. Merlynn went there a multitude of times when his first wife, Nancy, was dying of cancer.)


I have to admit that I kind of freaked out. Since the initial melt down I experienced after seeing our first medical report, I think I had been in a state of denial. Seeing sick people and a basket full of "free hats" made our situation very real to me. To be honest, I haven't really been able to relax much since then.


We went to Huntsman because they have a great library where you can do research on "your type of cancer". The people there tried to be helpful, but they didn't have a whole lot of information on carcinoid tumors which have spread to the liver. That's because it's so rare. We did find a few things, mostly by investigating on our own, so we felt like we were as prepared as we could be for our first appointment with the doctor. We also wrote down as many questions as we could think of to ask him.


After our study time, Merlynn took me to lunch at one of the two great restaurants they have there. I can tell I'm stressed because I didn't really feel like eating. (That doesn't happen very often!)

No comments:

Post a Comment