D&C 98:3 "...all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name's glory..."

Isaiah 41:13 "For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee."

Saturday, October 22, 2011

My Feelings

I've felt so many emotions since getting the news about Merlynn's cancer. At different times I've been sad, shocked, scared, heart broken, nauseated, and in denial--with some depression, discouragement and self-pity thrown in. I've also been very worried, wondering how I can help Mer through it. I want to do the right things, say the right things, and take good care of him, but I don't have a lot of confidence in my coping and nursing skills. I'm sure I'll learn.

I've also felt very blessed just knowing I've had the opportunity to be married to this wonderful man and thankful for the peace the Lord has brought to our hearts. I'm so grateful for an eternal marriage! With Heavenly Father's help, I know we'll get through this together, but I can't even imagine my life without him! Before I got married I'd hear people talk about their "other half". I SO get that now! Merlynn has literally become a part of my being!

No comments:

Post a Comment